Why is a Copywriter essential in 2021?
Everyone has the right to write, right? Or should this be left to professionals?
Yes, everyone can write. And with self-publication as easy as hitting a button these days, hiring a dedicated copywriter may seem unnecessary to most business owners.
The reality is that not everyone can write well and, most importantly, not everyone has the skills to write marketing and advertising copy.
Copywriting is not just about creativity. It should also reflect your company’s values while creating a lasting impact on your readers. Which then drives them to engage in the action you want them to do.
Striking this balance is important for your brand and business goals. But more importantly, good copywriting is the key to bridging the gap between you and your customers.
The impact of content to your brand’s ROI
Conductor.com ran a study to measure the impact early-stage educational content has on brand affinity, trust, and conversion. And the results conclusively prove that “brands who invest in content are seeing a return on their investment. “
Here are some important conclusions from that study:
- Consumers who read a brand’s educational content were 131% more likely to purchase from that brand.
- One week after reading content, customers were still 48% more likely to buy.
- Reading content greatly increased consumer trust and brand affinity, which deepened over time.
How can a copywriter help you?
With the drastic change brought about by the pandemic, reaching customers through your online platforms is more important than ever.
Here are some reasons why you still need a copywriter in 2021:
1. Personable yet scalable reading
Your copywriter will help you write copy on a 1-to-1 basis. The reader should believe they are being spoken to directly, even though its purpose is to be read by many.
2. Your expertise may not be enough
Years of experience in your field may not be enough. Sometimes your propinquity to your business hinders you from writing compelling copy and content. A copywriter can take your insight and expertise and turn it into something your customers need to see. They can write content that provides different perspectives from your experiences and expertise.
3. You can expand your reach
A copywriter can explore different platforms that you may not have the time to look into. Multiple-channel marketing is an essential strategy for any company in order to optimise your reach and establish your brand. For instance, your written communication on LinkedIn is different from your website articles. This is why you need to hire a copywriter who knows how to refine your voice to amplify the connectivity for each publication platform.
4. Organic traffic and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Getting your target audience to visit your website is one thing but keeping them coming back for more and actually converting them to sales is the main objective. A copywriter can be instrumental in creating compelling content along with SEO strategies that will accomplish all of that.
How likely are you to work with an organisation that doesn’t bother to proofread their work? Grammar and typos are not mortal sins, but they could mean less credibility for you. A copywriter can stay on top of these errors.
6. Execution of strategy
Content marketing is a strategy where you provide steady and relevant content to your audience that brings them value and builds your reputation as a reliable entity. Your copywriter can be instrumental in cementing your content marketing strategy. Don’t leave content creation to the last minute or push it back.
Hiring a professional copywriter is a valuable investment for your business. They help you create compelling copy that attracts your target audience, which ultimately leads to higher ROI. It also frees up your time and allows you to focus on the other areas of your business.
What exactly does a copywriter do?
Before you start running a search on Google or posting a job ad to hire a professional copywriter, it’s important to consider what exactly a professional copywriter can and should do for your business:
Copywriters carry out many roles, which include –
- Research a group when targeting a specific market.
- Come up with content ideas for blogs, social media and magazine editorials.
- Writing promotional content for clients who have neither the time nor skill to do this themselves.
- Copywriters break down complicated business wording into easy-to-read text that everybody in the street would understand.
- Create blog posts to promote a product or service.
- Write the content for email or printed newsletters.
- Create billboards, brochures and newspaper advertisements.
- Develop scripts for television and radio commercials.
- Write transcripts and content for press releases.
Content and ad management
- Manage ad campaigns on Google Adwords, Facebook and others.
- Manage a company’s social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Optimise websites, writing the web pages/landing pages.
- Improve a company’s rank in Google by implementing their knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
As you will see from this list, copywriters don’t just “write”. They develop and create business copy that focuses on results. This list will provide you with a basic understanding of the responsibilities that should be carried out by the professional copywriter you need for your team.
Characteristics of a good copywriter
We’ve worked with dozens of copywriters over the years. And we know how easy it is to be overwhelmed by their impressive skills and experiences.
Many of the candidates you will interview have the capacity to fulfil the responsibilities that have been outlined above. But the key to finding an effective copywriter is to focus on these characteristics that will help you in finding the best one:
- They write strong leads to grab the reader’s attention and make them continue to read the rest of the content.
- They find a unique angle to write from.
- They write with credibility.
- They use words that the readers can easily understand.
- They write content that is straight to the point, keeping it short and precise.
- They stay informed, always listen and are forever curious.
- They can easily switch from one tone to another.
- They handle criticism professionally but are also self-assured.
- They recognise gaps and weakness in information.
- They know SEO and how to apply their knowledge towards creating traffic and content
Where do you find a good copywriter?
You can usually find good copywriters in advertising agencies or media firms. The great news is, Ooze Studios has an amazing team that includes outstanding copywriters who possess all the characteristics mentioned here.
If you have any questions about hiring a copywriter or a marketing team to help you boost your reach and subsequently your business, be sure to book a call with us today.